To see if I'm on the air right now click here

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

3S4 x 2 Transmitter (Wired)

I've finished wiring my new transmitter. To help debug a little I did use three colors of wire; black for the ground and cathode circuits, green for the signal grid and red for the plate and screen circuits. Recommended in the 50s was solid (not stranded) wire and square corners with wires running parallel to the chassis sides. The wiring certainly came out looking better than some of my other projects but lead lengths may be a problem if I try this at higher frequencies.

This transmitter sounds fine and per spec it loads up to about a watt out on 40. I'll need to add more capacity for the pi network to work well on 80.

Fortunately I still have my winter vertical up and tomorrow's forecast is for 8"-12" of snow here in SE Minnesota. I'll have time to be on 40 trying out my 3S4 x 2 - 1T4 / 3V4 Regen station.

No comments: