Watching paint dry is never fun, especially since this project needs 2 days for the aluminum primer to dry followed by at least a couple of days for the top coat to dry.
I spending this time looking at under-the-chassis wiring and small component placement. With the addition of a solder strip everything is still looking good. One thing this exercise did help me realize, though, is the amount filament related wiring. I'll probably do the filament wiring first and route those wires closest to the chassis.
I was licensed as WN6ULH in 1966. My first shortwave receiver was a WWII vintage variant of a National NC100A. As a novice I used
a military surplus BC-342 reciever and an Eico 720 transmitter. Then, when I left for college, I took a National NCX 200 transceiver
mounted under the dashboard of my 1965 Mustang. My stations since then since then have included a Drake TR4cw transceiver and
a Drake B line. Today my shack includes equipment dating from the early 30s through current gear operating CW, SSB and PSK31.
I've built many pieces of my own gear including tube and solid state transmitters and receivers.
My current interests include QRP operating, vintage home brew and the National Radio Company. Read more about these topics on
my web sites at http://www.prismnet.com/~nielw/wa5vlz.htm and http://www.prismnet.com/~nielw/index.htm .