I'm making good progress on my new transmitter. With a lot of help from my friend KE0EXE and his table saw I now have a nice looking oak base. I went ahead and shellacked it so that it looks pretty good. 3/16" copper tubing for the antenna link and 80 meter coil was not available locally so I have to go to Amazon for that but I did find 1/4" tubing for the 40 mtr coil at my local big box hardware store. I added a National type A vernier dial to the Cardwell tuning capacitor. This should help a lot getting on frequency.
The next task is to find all of the screws, nuts and bolts that I need and then start fastening everything in place.