To see if I'm on the air right now click here

Monday, June 11, 2018

Stancor 10P Transmitter - Part 2

I've cleared out most of the obviously questionable stuff from under the chassis and tested what is left...no surprises and, most importantly, the iron tested good. At this point I have a to-do list:
  • Replace the electrolytics
  • Replace the carbon resistors (they had all drifted out of spec high)
  • Change power cord to a 3 wire cord with ground
  • Add fuse
  • Add a ground stud to the back (this will allow an external loading control and an easy connection to station ground)
  •  Rewire as needed

To be continued....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Niel, it is interesting to see what you do. I have just built simple QRPp rigs. See me on QRZ.com Thanks for QSO even though my code was poor tonight.

73's wayne N9EGT/0

Grand Junction, CO portable

waynesteury@gmail.com