To see if I'm on the air right now click here

Monday, June 25, 2007

QRP Operating

Today I finally made it away for some more QRP operating. This time it was to Great River Bluffs State Park (See ). This park is along the bluffs of southeastern Minnesota overlooking the Mississippi River Valley. From my operating position I could see far into Wisconsin and watch the hawks soaring below me. Using my K1 and a 32' endfed wire on 14.060 I worked both K7UP, John, in Elephant Butte, NM and W2BWQ, Gene, in Congers, NY. Conditions were only fair with QSB a problem. I heard only half a dozen stations across 20 mtrs.

On the 815 transmitter front it needs a better regulated suppy for both the 815 screen and the oscillator plate. The dropping resistors have to go.

1 comment:

Stan AK0B said...

Neil for your 815 this is a good regulator.

Stan ak0b